When my daughter was going into junior year, I found a handwritten list in colored magic markers in her bedroom that said “Summer To Do List.” Of course, I swiped it and put it in my box of treasures for safe keeping, but I remember it had some really adorable things on it, like going to an outdoor concert, getting a tan, and having a summer fling. I think about that list every year right about now.
In fact, it was the inspiration for my own
SUMMER TO DO LIST
1. Get tickets for Shakespeare in the Park and get them the old-fashioned way by arriving with a cup of coffee and waiting in line at 7:45 in the morning.
2. Go to Tipsy Scoop and eat ice cream infused with alcohol.
3. Read Conveniece Store Woman because the subject completely fascinates me.
4. Eat at the Queens Night Market on a Saturday night.
5. Swing and drink rose with girlfriends at The Rose Mansion
6. Take the Ferry to the new Domino Park and have a picnic and run through the fountains.
7. Go to The Little One and eat kakegori (Japanese shaved ice).
8. Much to Tom’s dismay, go hang out on the boardwalk at Coney Island.
9. Walk across the The Brooklyn Bridge (I admit, I’ve NEVER done it).
10. Spend a night glamping on Governor’s Island Collective Resorts.
Like my daughter’s Summer To Do List, I know there are some items I just won’t cross off this summer, but it’s nice to have goals, and it’s so fun when you accomplish them!
Happy first day of summer!
Have fun. Be bold. Wear Sunscreen.